Home

Go Back   Kentuckiana Firearms > General Discussion > Legal & Politics & Religion

Legal & Politics & Religion Forum for all topics relating to law and politics including religion. 2nd amendment news and controversy here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #1

BFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Something?

we should do something to try and prevent new harsh gun laws, nothing radical though. we should all do something like protest, write letters, petition, or something. i'm not going to stand by while some people talk of just taking my guns, rights, and freedom. i'll be ****ed if i just sit here and have my things snatched away.

Last edited by BFTM; 12-21-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: misspelled words
BFTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #2

Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

How about some of this? http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/null...s-freedom-act/

And perhaps some of this? http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/null...t-legislation/
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #3

BFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond reputeBFTM has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to sound radical, but i'll die over my gun. I rather die free than to die a helpless slave.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #4

Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFTM View Post
I don't want to sound radical, but i'll die over my gun. I rather die free than to die a helpless slave.
Well, luckily, there won't need to be any "dying" over guns.

For the most part, there are but a few states which will politically accept gun bans and confiscations, if even those will. The typical "liberal" states, such as CA, NY, IL, are heavily populated by very good gun owners. It is the concentration of people in large population centers which drag those states to the communist side of things. However, the people outside of these large population centers are heavily populated with gun owners.

Couple this with the movement by many states to pass "Firearm Freedom Acts", and the many states which passed laws and Constitutional amendments banning the confiscation of firearms, especially in the event of a disaster, after the fiasco in New Orleans after Katrina, you have a strong pro-gun culture on the individual state levels.

One of the best approaches to keep gun confiscation away from you is to work via the state and your county Sheriff to establish laws and procedures to keep it from happening.

The feds can pass any law they want, the question becomes, can they enforce their laws? Frankly, if the states do not actively cooperate, as well as the county Sheriffs, then their enforcement falls on its rear.

I really urge you to visit these two sites for more information on this process, how it is being successful and how you can help it be successful in KY (or IN):

http://www.countysheriffproject.org/

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/

Keep in mind, that those in D.C. want you to feel helpless, hopeless and desperate. They want you to either freeze and do nothing, while submitting to their wishes. Or they will happily settle for a bunch of people over reacting and getting violent. If you comply, they win. If you get violent, then they can justify using extreme violence to force their way.

The fact of the matter is that from a political perspective, we have many very good avenues available to us to stave off gun restrictions and confiscation. In fact, looking at the Firearms Freedom Acts, we could actually see gains in gun related Liberties.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #5

looksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links busboy. Good read.

Last edited by looksdeadtome; 12-22-2012 at 07:57 AM.
looksdeadtome is offline   Reply With Quote