Home

Go Back   Kentuckiana Firearms > General Interest > Legal & Politics & Religion

Legal & Politics & Religion Forum for all topics relating to law and politics including religion. 2nd amendment news and controversy here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #1

SmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another preventable school shooting

Good Lord, another mass shooting, this time in an elementary school. When will our government get it's head out of it's *** and get rid of these stupid gun free zones? Train the teachers and staff, arm them and give them a chance to defend our children and themselves. God, please bless the injured and the families who lost the most precious people in their lives. And may that shooter rot in hell for eternity!
SmithShooter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #2

SmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithShooter9 has a reputation beyond repute

The title of this thread in incorrect. There is no way to prevent these tragedies but well armed and trained citizens CAN stop them quickly and save many lives!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

bigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNH Guy View Post
Good Lord, another mass shooting, this time in an elementary school. When will our government get it's head out of it's *** and get rid of these stupid gun free zones? Train the teachers and staff, arm them and give them a chance to defend our children and themselves. God, please bless the injured and the families who lost the most precious people in their lives. And may that shooter rot in hell for eternity!
Exactly what i was thinking...teach them how to shoot and arm them.

Its amazing to me that most if not all of these mass shooting happen in these "gun free zones" ( ie columbine, aurora theater, conn. school, VT univeristy, oregon mall, empire state building). Ive very tempted to get ahold of our legislators and explain to them we dont need these gun free zones.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
bigdodge25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #4

You are exactly right BD25 we should just make new signs, instread of "gun free zone" call them "Come kill me, rob me and rape me, I'm unarmed and won't fight back zones"
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #5

awesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Locking doors will not stop a gun. It truly is sad that someone would do that. I hope Hell feels great right now. I think that even the devil would shake his head at that.

One of the guns mentioned was a glock. I was like ****it.

You don't need a black rifle to be cool, but it sure helps.
awesomePOSSUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #6

looksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond repute

Well unfortunately training and arming hem will never happen. According to jay carney today a weapons ban is on Obama's to do list.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #7

bigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep... Its all happening to get the weapons ban.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
bigdodge25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #8

Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

And this is WHY the people, in the various states, need to pass laws contra to the gun bans, and moving to arm their schools.

Here is just a start: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/null...s-freedom-act/
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #9

rext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond reputerext has a reputation beyond repute

This really saddens me. I am truely upset for these families. I know a knee jerk reaction to ban guns is coming. You just cannot explain to these people that DC and Chicago arent any safer because of it. They should just outlaw murder like they did drugs.
I hope this guy is a certified nut and was let go by some liberal psychiatrist. Dammit.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #10

awesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he was one drugs and stole the guns and was crazy. But nothing matters. I feel terrible for the families. But the lib yards are going to have a field day with this and blame everybody but the mans craziness.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #11

All I can say is...The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun and a set of balls to use it! America, please stand up, get into the fight, and prevent tragedies like today from happening. Get your CCW liscense, get the training and practice you need, protect yourself and your family. Don't expect someone else to do it for you! It is your responsibility.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #12

Frailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond repute

As a teacher, I'd be happy to carry concealed in my classroom. I'd jump through whatever hoops would be required for me to do so.

But *very* few teachers have the skills and mindset for this, so I don't think it's a viable option.

FWIW, I have an "active shooter" plan. My students will not be casualties. *I* might be, but that's why they pay me the big bucks.
Frailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #13

Thanks, for teaching our children, you are not making nearly as much as you should. I'm sure you would do everything in your power to keep your kids safe. The lawmakers should let you have the tools you need to do so.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #14

wash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond repute

Sad day for many reasons. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #15

If I was a teacher, I would have a plan. And I would do whatever I could to stop it. I think that if a cop can't be put in place at your school, then there should be someone there with a weapon to stop someone.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #16

Frailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomePOSSUM View Post
If I was a teacher, I would have a plan. And I would do whatever I could to stop it. I think that if a cop can't be put in place at your school, then there should be someone there with a weapon to stop someone.
We have a police officer. He is very experienced, an *excellent* shooter, and he's a friend of mine. We've discussed contingencies at length and in detail.
Frailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #17

looksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond reputelooksdeadtome has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
We have a police officer. He is very experienced, an *excellent* shooter, and he's a friend of mine. We've discussed contingencies at length and in detail.
Props to you and him for thinking of this. Thank you for thinking ahead to keep our children safe.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #18

I think James is spot on! My post earlier was partially stolen from his video. Not sure I can endorse breaking the law and carrying in a school though. Fact is, the laws need to change.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #19

jmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond repute

Really wonder how a guy with no children at that school, carrying 4 guns and wearing a bullet proof vest gets into a school. Any school I've been to in the last 10yrs I've had to be buzzed in with a camera watching me the whole time.
jmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #20

wash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond reputewash has a reputation beyond repute

Good point jmeister. You'd think that would have set off some alarms or phone calls to police at least. Odd how they initially reported two shooters.

Apparently they thought the killer was his older brother for awhile. He had his older brother's ID in his possession they said on the news.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #21

This may be the tide turner. I mean it was awful and so many people, not just anti gunners, but gun neutral and even slightly pro gun folks seem to be really questioning having "those types of guns" banned. Had a friends wife who is generally pro gun but not a regular shooter tell me "maybe they're right" in reaction to a news story on tv discussing gun control in relation to the cowardly and heinous act committed by the psychotic murderer.

I told her I respected her initial reaction, as she is a mother. Not that one had to be to be sickened by the dispicable act.

I concluded my statements with a gun is a tool, and began to think that if she is feeling that way as a person who is fairly pro gun(allows guns in the house, is ok with CC, will go shooting) for self defense and such, this could be thetide turner to more of the masses.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #22

News said they don't think the AR 15 was used. Geraldo on Fox said it was a Bushmaster. He said it appears it was left in the vehicle.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #23

Jason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond reputeJason has a reputation beyond repute

The news I watched earlier said he had two handguns. I didn't watch any of the evening news though.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #24

Brother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond reputeBrother of Liberty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeister View Post
Really wonder how a guy with no children at that school, carrying 4 guns and wearing a bullet proof vest gets into a school. Any school I've been to in the last 10yrs I've had to be buzzed in with a camera watching me the whole time.
Who says he went in the front door? Maybe he waited until someone was going in. Maybe he smashed a window.

Point is, if someone is bound and determined to get in, schools are not very hard to enter, regardless if the front door has a buzzer or not.
Brother of Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #25

Rebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond repute

Have to train teachers to shoot... have to arm them. It has all been said before, but now it hits home. Thoughts and prayers for the lost Children. They said VT is the worst school shooting... its bull **** those kids there were my age this was a god **** elementary school nothing is more despicable and sickening. This is the worst of the worse. I hate watching the news and seeing them throw blame and profit off this sad event. Blame uncle sam for making a free fire zone, train and arm teachers and staff, and pray this or anything like these shootings never happens again. Hell 22 children were stabbed in China, from what I have read nobody was killed just mass injuries because China placed guards at schools(because of **** like this happening in China) and it was stopped and the sob is in a Chinese jail and no kids were killed. I know one thing restrictions on firearms isn't the answer it hasn't been in the past.Bad people don't fallow laws. Laws are always an after thought kinda thing when it comes to crimes it is just another charge to tack on after bad things happen.

262 Million innocent people murdered by their own Governments in the 20th century. So ask me again why I need an AR-15 and a 30 round magazine?

5 out of 6 doctors agree that Russian Roulette is completely safe.
Rebel Panda is offline   Reply With Quote