Home

Go Back   Kentuckiana Firearms > General Interest > Legal & Politics & Religion

Legal & Politics & Religion Forum for all topics relating to law and politics including religion. 2nd amendment news and controversy here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #26

Tristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond reputeTristar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLJ View Post
So what's the solution?

a) Vote for Obama who we know cares not for this country, guns and the constitution.

b) Vote for Rommey who you suspect may not be 100% pro gun

c) Not vote and in effect give the election to Obama by default because the pro Obama people will be voting for him no matter what.

d) is there a d?
Yup, this is how I see it as well. It really just comes down to a) or b) because one should never give up their right to vote and there really isn't a d).

Ironically, even though Romney may not be the poster child for gun rights, it is "first-term ness" that helps to keep him in check, at least in the near future. The Chicago-mafia boss, on the other hand, by virtue of a second term, is freed from his self-imposed electoral chains, making him more "flexible" in negotiating away any missile defense advantage we may have with the Russians (thank God for open microphones) and empowering him to lay waste to a whole host of our remaining freedoms, not the least of which are gun rights.

Take a look at the video on this page. His supporters know it, he knows it, and anyone who isn't living under a rock knows that in a second Obama term they release the Kraken! That is why the original video was taken down. It's still a bit too early for the less informed to become aware of his plans for the next term. Obama scrubs video from website.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #27

bagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond reputebagdadjoe has a reputation beyond repute

Romney...Obama "light"....*ahem*. Anyway. Romney gleefully signed the Massachusetts anti "assault weapon" ban. Gleefully. In any case, while our eyes are diverted to this issue...we have people wanting to include "sniper rifles" into the same class as machine guns. What is a "sniper rifle"? "It has the following "characteristics" (sound familiar?) centerfire, bolt action, heavy barrel, free floated barrel, other modifications to increase accuracy, able to kill someone at 100 yards or farther." Anything larger than ".22 caliber". I guess they mean .22 rimfire, as what I read did not specify. Only our pitiful congress can run interference...if they had cajones. Get ready boys.

Last edited by bagdadjoe; 04-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.
bagdadjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #28

Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLJ View Post
So what's the solution?

a) Vote for Obama who we know cares not for this country, guns and the constitution.

b) Vote for Rommey who you suspect may not be 100% pro gun

c) Not vote and in effect give the election to Obama by default because the pro Obama people will be voting for him no matter what.

d) is there a d?
D) Apply the Constitution and leverage your state against the aggression and usurpation of power by the federal government.

Second Amendment: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/null...s-freedom-act/

Barring enforcement of bogus, un-Constitutional federal "laws": http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/null...t-legislation/

Breaking down the underpinnings of the federal powers (usurped), their money: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/null...tax-funds-act/

The President, nor Congress, nor the Supreme Court, nor any level or aspect of the federal government, or its agencies, have the authority to restrict or bar private firearm ownership and use. So, there is no "savior" on any of these levels who can "save" or "safeguard" our Rights, specifically the Second Amendment protected Rights.

This protection can ONLY come from the People, utilizing their representative governments to ensure these Rights are protected. In our current state of affairs (with CA, MA, IL, and a few other states excepted) it is the federal government which is infringing upon our Rights, thus it is the States which the People must use to protect themselves from this incursion.

As you can see from my first link, 8 states have PASSED into law, the Firearm Freedom Act. 30+ have introduced it. So the People are on the proper track in fighting the federal abuse of power and usurpation of powers.

The "proper track" is not to hope, wish, pray, beg, plea with some "all powerful" dictator with the title of US President, to "please, please, please, let us peasants have firearms."

Not understanding the proper roles and positions of power within our country is exactly why we are in the mess we are today, in this country. But this tide is turning, and doing so rather quickly.

Romney will afford us more time to better coordinate the education and action of the People, through their states, to turn back the usurpation of power by the feds. He will NOT be an answer, but rather less of a hinderance than Obowma. No one is the answer, not even Paul.

The answer lays with the owners of this country, that is "We the People", and until they are educated enough, and motivated enough, to exercise ownership responsibilities, the twits in D.C. will be more than happy to continue to usurp powers. (BTW, it does not take a majority of the People to stop the abuse of the federal government/agencies, it just takes some, and a good bit of determination....many examples are abound!)
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #29

Dave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1965 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are even thinking about voting "mo'bama" you should have your head examined.
Dave1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #30

DDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeDDgunslinger has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't hold my breath

Real World training for Real World situations check out RWI Tactical at http://kyfirearmstraining.com/
DDgunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #31

Frailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind.
Frailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #32

LovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond reputeLovenGlocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washburnizer View Post
Frailer speaks the truth, as usual. I'll be voting R. lesser of two evils.
Aye, same here.
LovenGlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #33

Rebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly feel like Obomination is more respectable than Rommey because at least you know where the tyrant stands on things. Rommey you have no clue its a dice roll. I could get in and the first thing he do is ban all firearms, or do nothing. Chances are he will be voted in, there will be another war we dont want, need, or can afford, and things wont get any better because the powers that be want us poor, stupid, un armed, and party loyal.

262 Million innocent people murdered by their own Governments in the 20th century. So ask me again why I need an AR-15 and a 30 round magazine?

5 out of 6 doctors agree that Russian Roulette is completely safe.
Rebel Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #34

Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Panda View Post
I honestly feel like Obomination is more respectable than Rommey because at least you know where the tyrant stands on things. Rommey you have no clue its a dice roll. I could get in and the first thing he do is ban all firearms, or do nothing. Chances are he will be voted in, there will be another war we dont want, need, or can afford, and things wont get any better because the powers that be want us poor, stupid, un armed, and party loyal.
There is little doubt that Stalin was a MUCH BETTER DEAL than Franklin Roosevelt.... Both Communist, but with Stalin, you really knew where he stood, and what to expect. Roosevelt had to play silly games like stacking the courts, arm twisting the Congress and relying upon a sympathetic media.

The people of the Great Depression, and then the war, in the US were so bothered and in such turmoil as to have to endure rationing, shortages, 25% unemployment (only for a very short period of time), and soup kitchens.

The people of Soviet Russia had the knowledge of being starved to death (only 20 million or so), death camps, snitching neighbors, family separations, more death, then there were forced marches with the Nazis in the front, Soviet machine guns in the rear......But at least they knew what to expect....no flip flopping or dice rolls for them.

There is little doubt that the near 50 million that Stalin killed (and their families) were comforted by the knowledge that they could plan on what Stalin was going to do and did not need to bother themselves with other options.

Yep, Obowma is a much better choice.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #35

Frailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond reputeFrailer has a reputation beyond repute

Oops. We made it to the Nazis.

I invoke Godwin's Law.
Frailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #36

awesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond reputeawesomePOSSUM has a reputation beyond repute

In preperation for this years election, I will be selling spiderholes. For just $999 US you can get your hands on a spacious studio/efficiency spiderhole with all utlities paid. Act now and SAVE $50 plus the application fee! That way this Novemeber, when you bug out, you'll know that you'll be in caring hands.

You don't need a black rifle to be cool, but it sure helps.
awesomePOSSUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #37

Redman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond reputeRedman92 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1965 View Post
If you are even thinking about voting "mo'bama" you should have your head examined.
Couldn't agree more with this. I can't imagine after the last four years anybody voting for Obama. I'd rather vote for O.J. Simpson.
Redman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #38
WLJ

WLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond reputeWLJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman92 View Post
Couldn't agree more with this. I can't imagine after the last four years anybody voting for Obama. I'd rather vote for O.J. Simpson.
At least he'll do his own dirty work.

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, donít fail.
WLJ is offline   Reply With Quote