Home

Go Back   Kentuckiana Firearms > Firearms, Ammo and Gear > Handguns

Handguns General handgun forum for topics not specific to type.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Banned

aslp19 will become famous soon enough
Default Smith Wesson model 422

I was given this gun buy my dad and love it. I was wondering if anyone else has one and if so when breaking the gun down if you have any problems getting the slide release clip to come up? Ive never had the gun apart to clean because of this and it had a ton of round threw it.
aslp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Banned

here is a pic its the clip on the slide above the trigger.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #3

jmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond repute

Put an empty 22 shell between the frame & slide, let off the slide, and you should be able to lift the guide plug right out.
Great pistol, 4" or 6"?
Your barrel nut ever come loose?
jmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeister View Post
Put an empty 22 shell between the frame & slide, let off the slide, and you should be able to lift the guide plug right out.
Great pistol, 4" or 6"?
Your barrel nut ever come loose?
Thanks man!! I just got it apart and cleaned it. Its a 6 inch barrel the nut has never came off. Now I cant get it back together..... the **** spring
Old 12-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Banned

just got it back together. Thanks for the help man!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #6

SAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond repute
Default S&W 622

I own a smith and wesson model 622 or 422 (really the same gun, just the barrell is shorter then the other) in stainless steel or alloy for the past ten years. They are very dependable shooters and I just love mine. What you need to do is contact the company or even go to their web site and order the orange plunger that sits between the frame and the guide rod. That will take the pressure off the spring so you can pop off the spring nut on top, which will allow the spring inside the gun to come off easier and visa versa to put it back together. This will save you alot of time and the headaches.

Last edited by SAMPLE; 01-22-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Grammar was incorrect!
SAMPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #7

jmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond reputejmeister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMPLE View Post
I own a smith and wesson model 622 or 422 (really the same gun, just the barrell is shorter then the other) in stainless steel
If yours is stainless/alloy then it's the 622, the 422 is blued. They make both in 4.5" or 6".
jmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #8

SAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond reputeSAMPLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeister View Post
If yours is stainless/alloy then it's the 622, the 422 is blued. They make both in 4.5" or 6".
I already know that and that is why I wrote it the way that I did. No disrespect to you and both models take down the same way. Plus I am very familiar with both models since I use to own a 422. I just could not remember which one I had until I went back re-read the statement.
SAMPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #9

n4uwt is a glorious beacon of lightn4uwt is a glorious beacon of lightn4uwt is a glorious beacon of lightn4uwt is a glorious beacon of lightn4uwt is a glorious beacon of lightn4uwt is a glorious beacon of light
Default S&W 422 firing pin

I have had a 422 for atleast 20 years and I love it. One day at the range it started to act strange, it would fire the 1st round in the magazine and the rest wouldn't fire. It turned out to be a broken firing pin and since the gun as been out of production for so long Smith doesn't make parts anymore. All the aftermarket firing pins that I found were on backorder and having one made was expensive so after searching the web a week I came across www.ewkarms.com and not only did they have a titanium firing pin for the 422 but they have threaded barrel nuts so you can screw on a suppressor if you want to. My 422 is up and running again and I can't say enough good things about EWK arms.
n4uwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #10

rorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond reputerorygs has a reputation beyond repute

those are a sweet little .22, I would love to own one.
rorygs is offline   Reply With Quote