Home

Go Back   Kentuckiana Firearms > General Interest > The Bar

The Bar General chit-chat forum. talk about anything you can think of.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #1

jkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond reputejkamber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bullitt county sheriff

This is from bullitt county sheriff facebook page.
After receiving hundreds of emails from Bullitt County citizens, concerned about the views of our elected officials in Washington on the second Amendment of our Constitution, and wanting to know my position, I will try to clearly state my position.
I will never support or enforce any law that is a direct violation of the Constitution I swore to defend.
The people of Bullitt County elected me to protect and serve. I will do so with all my might as long as I am your Sheriff.
Speaking as an Army veteran, any violation of our Constitution would be a slap in the face to all the men and women who fought, died or even took the oath of office to defend this great nation of ours.
In 1790, George Washington wrote these words, "The Constitution of the United States and the laws made under it must mark the line of my official conduct". When it comes to defending the Constitution of the United States and the citizens of Bullitt County, I agree with the words of George Washington to uphold the Second Amendment and the Constitution that I have sworn to protect.
Our office will offer conceal carry weapon classes for the cost of $25.00 to Bullitt County Residents. The $25.00 covers the cost of filing fees in Frankfort.
Please contact our office at 543-2514 after March 1, 2013 for the dates and time of classes.
-Sheriff Dave Greenwell
jkamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #2

Sarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome anyone hear from Jefferson county Sheriff yet?
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #3

Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tell ya, good people are starting to rise to the top! There is an awakening happening in this country, folks, and it is an awakening which is reaching the very soul of the country.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 AM   #4

pitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond reputepitbullcrazyinky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Haven't heard from him aboutva awb but he had no problem signing off on my SBR!

Back to back World War champs. USA
pitbullcrazyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #5

jballs is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good to hear. I'm glad he made an official statement.
jballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #6

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud of him.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #7

KYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've not gotten a reply. I suspect he's just a pawn of local government with no actual balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
You mean that youse-guys really hate me?

KYgundude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #8

Sarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond reputeSarge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYgundude View Post
I've not gotten a reply. I suspect he's just a pawn of local government with no actual balls
I've sent a few emails and tried calling the office. Got no response back to the emails and the lady that answered the phone just told me she would relay the message
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #9

bigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond reputebigdodge25 has a reputation beyond repute

I got this from the bullitt county sheriff back in january.

I have had hundreds of e-mails asking this same question, in short ,I will never support or enforce any law that directly violates the constitution of the United States. The office that has been given to me by the people of Bullitt County and the oath I have taken are at the very core of my service and I will never do any thing to violate the peoples trust.The second amendment is safe in Bullitt County as long as I am Sheriff.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
bigdodge25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #10

Rebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond reputeRebel Panda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure he is in Swing with the other Sheriffs. He seems like a fair man

262 Million innocent people murdered by their own Governments in the 20th century. So ask me again why I need an AR-15 and a 30 round magazine?

5 out of 6 doctors agree that Russian Roulette is completely safe.
Rebel Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #11

KYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond reputeKYgundude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've sent a few emails and tried calling the office. Got no response back to the emails and the lady that answered the phone just told me she would relay the message
I can see the sheriff's office from my office window. I'd just walk over if I thought they would actually let me speak to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
You mean that youse-guys really hate me?

KYgundude is online now   Reply With Quote